Arlington County’s Department of Environmental Expert services (DES) is at this time looking for experienced Automotive Mechanics to fill several vacancies in both the significant and mild sections within the Vehicle Products Bureau. The Devices Bureau supplies routine maintenance and fix products and services to County tools and fleet vehicles this sort of as: heavy fireplace gear, dump trucks, utility vans, faculty buses, passenger vehicles, snow-associated devices and other miscellaneous hefty tools applied by Arlington County. These mechanics are dependable for undertaking preventive maintenance function and program corrective repairs on all County and college autos. Vacancies are offered on both of those the working day and night operate shifts. These positions report to the Trades Manager/Chief I.
Particular responsibilities for Vehicle Mechanic I incorporate:
- Inspecting vehicular gear
- Executing corrective and preventive routine maintenance
- Troubleshooting and diagnosing maintenance work on mechanical, hydraulic and electrical units using diagnostic scanning tools
- Restoring or replacing tires for all varieties of equipment
- Operating shop equipment and motor vehicles this sort of as the tire equipment, computerized tire stability, fork lift and wrecker
- Undertaking Virginia Point out Basic safety Inspections on motor vehicles and
- Transporting autos and weighty equipment.
Specific responsibilities for Automobile Mechanic II include things like:
- Troubleshooting and diagnosing repair service get the job done on mechanical, hydraulic, air conditioning, air brake devices, and electrical devices to consist of multiplex units utilizing diagnostic scanning resources
- Schooling new mechanics and assigning and reviewing perform throughout the absence of the supervisor
- Analyzing scope and sequence of repairs essential
- Furnishing repair feasibility recommendations on transmissions or associated elements
- Accomplishing Virginia Condition Security Inspections on automobiles
- Inspecting vehicular tools and
- Executing connected and other obligations as expected.
Arlington County provides a competitive salary and a excellent benefits offer like a Described Advantage (pension) system. For additional facts on Arlington’s family members welcoming added benefits click on here .
Notice: Recent vacancies exist in the heavy and gentle sections for Vehicle Mechanic I and II. Candidates will be placed in proper amount centered on skills, licensure, and experience. This recruitment may possibly be utilised to fill similar vacancies that take place in just the department.
Bare minimum Specifications:
- Significant faculty diploma or equivalent plus
- Mechanic I – One (1) year of expertise in motor automobile maintenance.
- Mechanic II – 3 (3) many years of practical experience in motor car or truck repair service.
All heavy facet mechanic applicants have to possess or be in a position to acquire a Professional Driver’s License inside six (6) months of seek the services of and demanded endorsements in just nine (9) months of employ day, primarily based on assignment.
All gentle aspect mechanic applicants will have to possess or be capable to obtain a VA DEQ Emissions Inspector License in just one (1) year of retain the services of day.
Also, all positions will have to have, or receive in just specified timeframe:
- Virginia Protection Inspector License and
- Course “A” or “B” Business Driver’s License and demanded endorsements (See exclusive specifications).
Substitution: Further qualifying expertise may perhaps be substituted for the instruction necessity on a yr-for-12 months foundation.
Desirable: Preference may possibly be given to candidates with specified certification/licensure and mechanical experience in a single or far more of the pursuing:
- Restoring diesel engines (Cummins, Caterpillar, Detroit or Global), transmissions, or hydraulic systems
- Undertaking computerized diagnostic screening to troubleshoot elaborate engine, mechanical, or electrical troubles
- University bus routine maintenance and repair
- Unexpected emergency car repair on fireplace vans, fire apparatus and medic units
- Carrying out computerized diagnostic screening to troubleshoot intricate motor, mechanical, or electrical problems
- Instruction other mechanics
- Undertaking Virginia State basic safety inspections and/or
- Possession of Nationwide Institute for Automotive Assistance Excellence (ASE) certifications, CDL “A” or “B” licensure with endorsements, and/or VA State Basic safety Inspector License.
- The applicant ought to possess a valid Driver license and authorize Arlington County to get, or the applicant need to offer, a duplicate of the applicant’s formal condition/district driving record.
- Applicant must have or get hold of within specified time frames of appointment:
- Course “A” or “B” Commercial Driver’s License inside the first 6 (6) months of work
- Dangerous elements endorsement (H), Tank auto endorsement (N), School Bus endorsement (S) and Passenger Carrying endorsement (P) for the CDL within the 1st 9 (9) months of employment
- VA Condition Protection Inspector License in just the initially twelve (12) months of work.
- Everyone employed with out the VA Condition Accredited Protection Inspector License, or the Industrial Driver’s License and needed endorsements should attain the permit/license inside the specified time frame.
- The moment attained, the CDL and VA Point out Qualified Safety Inspector Licenses have to be held in superior standing all through the period of the employment.
Covid-19 Vaccination : Arlington County Governing administration is committed to the health and fitness, security and wellness for all employees. In aid of that dedication, all existing and newly employed employees are essential to offer proof of Covid-19 vaccination. For people capable staff with a incapacity or sincerely held spiritual belief which prohibits them from acquiring a vaccine, you will be able to speak to the Workplace of Human Legal rights to ask for a reasonable lodging. Adherence to this coverage is a situation of employment.